Finding the right person to do work on your home can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some tips for hiring a trustworthy installer for windows replacement in Niles:
1. Seek out written estimates from at least three different installers. If there are price variations, ask for an explanation and don’t simply select the lowest bidder. Have the installers itemize their estimates so you know exactly what the price includes.
2. Verify professional licenses, insurance policies and bonding for each installer you interview.
3. Do a background check through Angie’s List, the Better Business Bureau or other agencies in your area on any contractor you’re seriously considering for the project.
4. Determine if the project bid being offered by an installer is an estimate or a fixed price. If it’s an estimate, determine a specific amount by which the price could increase on the job and set a cap that is within your budget before signing anything with this company or subcontractor(s).
5. Visit current jobsites of installers you’re interviewing to see their safety practices and how they treat the homes and property.